Types of activities supported
The Van Dam Foundation aims to attain its objectives by means of supporting small scale activities such as:
• Fellowships for study tours, training courses, participation in relevant workshops and seminars, in The Netherlands or abroad for longer or shorter duration, for persons originating from the Netherlands or from low and middle income countries, for capacity development through training, symposia, conferences and training
• Small (Research)Projects in developing countries directed to the improvement of nutrition and health in the mentioned areas of interest (not including travel costs of European students and students with another fellowship)
• Publications (both scientific as for the general public) in the field of sociocultural, and socio-historical dimensions of food and nutrition.
• Organization of small symposia, working group sessions, conferences in the context of mentioned areas of interest.
Who can apply?
Applicants can be development organizations and institutions, individual researchers and workers affiliated with such organizations.
Request for support
The applicant should send a proposal in the English language to the Foundation, either by e-mail (email@example.com) or through the contact form on this web-site. Proposals may be submitted throughout the year.
After a proposal with a request for funding has been received, the applicant will be sent a letter of receipt.
The proposal will be reviewed by the Board of the Foundation. If required, external advice may be sought.
The applicant will receive a response within a reasonable period of time. In case of a positive decision a request will be sent to the applicant for more detailed information for making up the Grant Letter, which serves as a contract. Upon signing the contract by both parties concerned, a first or a full instalment will be transferred to the account of the applicant.
A request for support to the Van Dam Foundation should contain the following elements:
– Title page
– Table of contents
– Introduction, including conceptual framework, relevance of the activities proposed
– Aim and Objectives
– Proposed activities (for research projects including design, study population and selection, data collection methods, data analysis)
– Deliverables (including dissemination and utilization of results)
– Monitoring plan
– Time schedule
– Short CV of applicant
– Appendices (if required)